Search for a Workers the right Workers’ Compensation Attorney that will be a good
fit for you takes time. You should look for one that is experienced in
personal injury, specifically, workers’ compensation cases. If you were
injured at work, the first thing you should do is report the accident to your
employer and then start looking for an attorney.
Once you have reported the accident, you should be seen by a doctor,
whether it is at the hospital or in a doctor’s office. You should tell the
treating doctor that you were injured at work so that it is documented. Your
physician may set up a treatment plan, depending upon the extent of your
Successful Search for the Workers’ Compensation Attorney: Search for a Workers
The following guideline should help you find the right Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Massachusetts: Search for a Workers
1. Start by calling the Massachusetts Bar Association’s toll free number and asking them for a Lawyer that specializes in Workers’ Compensation in your area.
2. You should then follow-up by searching the names provided online to
determine if they concentrate their practice in workers’ compensation. If
you are not satisfied with the results, then you may try conducting your
own online search. Search for a Workers
After reviewing the attorneys’ area of expertise provided by your online
search, the next question you may consider is should you hire an attorney
from a small or large firm?
3. There are pros and cons to hiring a small or large law firm. It is a
personal choice or preference as to which size firm you would feel more
comfortable with. A lot of reviews state that hiring an attorney from a small
firm is more preferable as they may have more time available to spend on
your case. You may also consider asking your family, friends or co-workers
for a recommendation although you should confirm that the attorney’s
practice specializes in workers’ compensation.
4. It will take some time reviewing the various attorney’s websites. You
should also consider looking beyond the first page of your online search. It
is very expensive to be listed on the first page which means that most of the
names will be from very large law firms since they have an extensive
advertising budget. More than likely, they will pass your case onto one of
the less experienced attorneys to handle.
Therefore, considering a firm on the second or third page may get you more individualized attention with greater experience.
5. The last step would be to set up a free consultation either by phone or in person to see if they are a good fit for you and your case. You will then have enough information to make an informed decision.
Investing the time to find the right Massachusetts Workers Compensation Attorney will be worth it in the long run and may make the difference in the outcome of your case.